Terms & Conditions
The following general terms and conditions have been set out to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests at Room To Roam.
Please take the time to carefully read the following general terms and conditions. By reserving and/or booking your stay, you agree to these bilateral respective rights and obligations set out here.
The following general terms and conditions apply to any commercial relationship between the “company”, Room To Roam and you, the “customer”.
The following names and terms herein have the meaning defined below:
Company: Room To Roam
Customer: guest / client / participant
1. Contract Closing and Reservation
Reservations are booked directly through the booking link on our website (https://www.room-roam.com). The contract between Room To Roam and the guest is effective when the reservation confirmation email is received and a $500 deposit is paid by the guest. Completion of the booking online by the guest confirms acceptance to the general terms and conditions of Room To Roam detailed herein.
The reservation is complete once full payment of the deposit being $500 USD per person has been received.
- All reservations are subject to availability
- In the event that the guest does not adhere to the retreat payment schedule detailed below, Room To Roam reserves the right to cancel after 7 days of scheduled payment date to provide the company with the opportunity to resell the space. All payments made will adhere to the cancellation and rebooking policy stated below.
- All requests and reservations are subject to the prices and conditions at the moment of booking, as given on the website of Room To Roam (https://www.room-roam.com)
- All additional services and extras (e.g. surf board rentals or private photography or special meal planning) are to be stated on the registration form. Activities may also be booked directly with retreat location.
- The minimum age for booking without written parental consent is 18 years. However, teenagers can stay with us if accompanied by parents or guardians.
- State of health / physical fitness: With the reservation, the client confirms that he/she is physically fit and does not have any pre-existing conditions or injuries that could be affected by surf activities. To participate, swimming skills and physical fitness are required. If you have any doubts, contact your doctor before making a reservation.
- Deposits are non-refundable under any circumstance even in the event of a political crisis, sickness, family death, epidemics, pandemics, war or natural disaster but will be valid for another trip with Room To Roam in the same country on a trip within 12 months of cancellation date but not transferable to other people and not valid after those 12 months.
2. Insurances and Travel Documents
International travel to and from Nicaragua is not included in the package prices and is the responsibility of the client.
We highly recommend travel insurance to cover cancellation and injury.
Travel documents: Each guest is responsible for the procurement of necessary travel documentation such as a passport. This will need to have a validity of at least 6 months to enter Nicaragua. Please contact your local embassy if you have any concerns regarding the Nicaraguan entrance requirements.
3. Payment Conditions
Guests received the reservation confirmation and payment must be made according to the below conditions:
- $500 US non refundable and non-transferable deposit to book retreat but it will be transferable to another date if we are given more than 30 days notice.
- 50% of remaining balance due 60 days before start date of retreat.
- Final remaining balance due 30 days before start date of retreat.
- All incidentals and remaining balances incurred during the retreat will be paid upon final checkout.
4. Cancellations and Rebooking
Cancellation and Rebooking by the Customer
Every cancellation or rebooking request must be submitted in written form via email. In case of cancellation, the following cancellation fees may apply, depending on the date of cancellation. The receipt of the cancellation notice is the definition of the cancellation period.
- Deposits are non-refundable but can be transferred to another trip in the same country within 12 months of cancellation date. Deposits are not valid after the 12 month period and non-transferable to another person.
- Cancellations made more than 60 days in advance are fully refundable (less non-refundable deposit).
- Cancellations 45-60 days prior to arrival: Guest will be refunded 75% of payments made (less non-refundable deposit).
- Cancellations 30-44 days prior to arrival: Guest will be refunded 50% of payments made (less non-refundable deposit).
- Cancellations made less than 30 days before arrival date are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Customers who want to cancel their booking have the right to assign a replacement person, who fulfills the conditions set out in these general terms and conditions.
Room To Roam is not responsible for guest cancellations and refunds will not be issued for deposits/payments received due to personal illness, travel delays, acts of God (tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, volcanic eruption), or political unrest. However, we will work with you to find alternative solutions on a case by case basis.
COVID Cancellation Policy
1. Room to Roam requires a $500 US non-refundable and non-transferable deposit to book a retreat or getaway with us but it will be transferable to another date if we are given more than 30 days notice for any reason.
2. Room to Roam requires all guests to confirm a lack of COVID symptoms 48 hours from arrival via email.
3. Room to Roam cannot offer any COVID related refunds once a guest has arrived.
If once onsite, you present symptoms or feel sick then we will ask you to self-isolate and perform an onsite Antigen test. In the case that you test positive for Covid-19 then you will be required to quarantine until the end of your stay. You will still be provided the included meals outside of your room and will be required to wear a mask with minimum 6 feet of social distance if for any reason you need to leave your room. If further treatment is required, we will assist you with transportation to receive medical attention.
4. In the event of an inability to travel due to testing positive for Covid immediately prior to departure for your scheduled retreat with Room to Roam, and therefore unable to give 30 days advance notice, you will maintain the entire value of all deposits/payments paid to Room to Roam to be used at a later date (no expiration) or can transfer the value of all monies paid to another eligible participant in your place.
5.We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance that covers all possible issues related to travel, including delays or change of schedules.
Cancellation by the Company
Room To Roam reserves the right to resign from a contract under extraordinary circumstances: If the booked service and/or arrangement can not be provided due to force majeure (e.g. epidemics, pandemics, storms, catastrophes, strikes, political unrest, war, terrorism, staff illness etc), or if certain conditions present unacceptable danger to the participant, the company has the right to cancel the contract with immediate effect. Payments already made by the customer (except the initial deposit of $500 US) will be refunded within three months of the cancellation.
5. Pricing and Services
Prices and services are subject to change. The customer will be charged the rate specified on the Room To Roam website at the time of booking – the reservation confirmation and invoice will outline the package and current rates. Room To Roam reserves the right to change its prices without prior notice, if conditions change (e.g. newly introduced or changed fees of third party providers, governmentally imposed price regulations and currency fluctuations).
Room To Roam reserves the right to change its offer or individually agreed services due to extraordinary circumstances (e.g. force majeure, governmental regulations, delays of third parties, weather and oceanic conditions). If any essential contract paragraph is changed, the customer will be informed immediately.
Guests are responsible for all international travel fees.
Customers participation in any of the Room To Roam services, activities or any other arranged event is at the customer’s own risk. The customer releases, waives and holds harmless the company, its offices, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages, commitments, expenses (including legal costs) during or in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by Room To Roam, which may arise from, but are not limited to any injury, accident, illness, death, material damage or personal damage to the customer or to others.
Room To Roam is not responsible for the theft of valuables, delays, traffic obstructions and any related expenses that may result from such circumstances. The customer also indemnifies Room To Roam, its officers, agents and/or its employees against all claims, losses, damages or expenses that any one or more of his/her executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assignees may have in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by Room To Roam, and against any costs including legal fees that may incur as a result of any such claims, losses damages or expenses whether valid or not.
It is the customers’ responsibility to inform the company about any chronic diseases or illnesses prior to arrival. The customer accepts all risk and will not hold the company responsible for any health impairments resulting from his/her chronic disease or illness. Accidents or injuries of any kind or origin (surfing, driving, falling, etc.) are beyond influence and the company cannot be held responsible. Unutilized items of a package are nonrefundable.
The customer will be responsible for any damage caused to equipment that belongs to the company (SURFBOARDS, sheets, cameras, fishing equipment, furniture or any other items) and will be charged a repair or replacement fee. Please note that temporary tattoos and colored sunscreen can permanently stain bed sheets and towels, if stains cannot be removed, the guest will be charged a replacement fee.
Room To Roam values customer safety and adheres to strict safety standards. Room To Roam chooses activities with special attention to safety and security to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries. Room To Roam cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur while participating in physical activities, such as surfine, horseback riding and hiking. The customer accepts all costs for medical care and therefore should ensure they have international medical insurance.
Please remember to check your travel insurance policy to ensure it covers activities such as surfing, driving in boats and hiking volcanoes.
The customer is responsible for any damage and loss of property or equipment of Room To Roam (for example surf equipment). Repair or replacement fees will be paid by the customer prior to their departure.
Room To Roam is not responsible for services provided by third parties. For example, the power company or transport services not booked with our reliable transport providers.
7. Exclusion of Participation
The participant is obligated to follow the instructions of the company staff. If the customer conceals physical and/or health issues, is unfit, acts irresponsibly and/or causes disruptions that endanger the provision of the service and/or the health of other participants, the image of the company, its reputation and its employees or equipment the customer can be excluded from the participation of the Room To Roam offer after an initial warning. If the situation arises, the contract will be terminated without further notice, already paid costs are nonrefundable and incurring costs are to be paid by the customer.
Sport and adventure activities, especially on or in the ocean such as surfing or boating, carry with them some degree of risk. Each participant must carefully judge whether his/her state of health and fitness level permit them to undertake such an activity under the prevailing conditions. The customer consents to at his/her own cost receive medical treatment deemed necessary by Room To Roam in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson or taking part in any other activities associated with surfing lessons, boat trips, horseback riding, stand up paddle boarding, hiking a volcano or volcano boarding and also agrees to indemnify the company in the respect of such medical treatment.
9. Data Usage and Protection
On occasion we will produce promotional items such as brochures, calendars, websites, films, etc. Therefore, the customer agrees that he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during his/her stay and/or activities in connection with Room To Roam and also agrees that Room To Roam may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent. The customer agrees that his/her personal data may be used by the company for marketing and market research purposes. The company assures that all personal data will be treated confidentially and not be transferred to any third party other than necessary to fulfill the booking or deliver the requested service. The customer can terminate this agreement at any time in written form via email. In that case, the personal data and/or footage will not be used for market research purposes.
10. Ineffectiveness of Individual Provisions
The ineffectiveness of individual provisions of the contract or of the general terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
I HAVE READ THE WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY OF THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY COMPLETION OF MY BOOKING TO AGREE TO A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY.