We encourage you to pack light and stay casual, we are at the beach!
- Passport that does NOT EXPIRE any sooner than 6 months after your travel date!
- Driver’s License (if you plant to rent a car or motorbike during your trip, this is essential)
- Either your proof of vaccination or negative RT-PCR Covid test to enter Nicaragua
- $20 USD broken down for travel process (MAKE SURE MONEY ISN’T TORN)
- Any additional spending money for souvenirs
- For your final bill at the hotel, you can pay for extras (alcohol, massages, extra activities, ect) with either cash or a credit card. Please note there is a bank fee of 5.5% to use your card for payment. Gratuity for staff is optional, however for guidance, we typically see a range of $100-$200 per person that is split amongst our staff of 15 people.
- Any medications or supplements you take
- Drones, binoculars, any surveillance equipment
- Slingshots or other weapons
- Recreational drugs are illegal in Nicaragua
CLOTHES + SHOES
- comfortable yoga/active clothes
- tank tops/T-shirts
- sarong or beach cover up
- flip flops
- tennis shoes for the local hike
- long sleeve shirt or jacket, comfy loose pants in case it gets a little chilly (not too often)
- rain jacket or poncho (optional)
- REEF-SAFE sunscreen with at least 30SPF to protect your skin and the planet. We like + carry this brand *NO CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS*
- mosquito repellent-we like this natural version
- basic first aid kit (we have one too)
- personal supplies of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, etc. We supply bars of soap, but the rest is at your discretion
- toothbrush + toothpaste
- hair dryers + styling tools
- Women: feminine hygiene products; tampons are NOT easily found
- hats and sunglasses
- refillable water bottle (we offer free high ph Alkaline water available 24/7) *NO PLASTIC*
- travel journal/books
- rashguard or wetsuit tops/spring suits
- boardshorts + surf swimsuits
- earplugs, surf hat, eyedrops
- Surfboards if you want your own! Educate yourself on the surfboard travel fees so you can plan ahead and avoid surprises. Here is a great resource: https://www.wavetribe.com/blogs/surf-travel/surfboard-airline-fees
- If you want to bring anything to support the local community, we suggest school supplies, sports equipment, or used clothing/swimsuits.
- Additionally, we support the local program that empowers kids to learn about the environment, perform beach cleanups, and educate the local community on the importance of keeping garbage out of the oceans. Let us know if you would like to make a donation to support the Gigante Trash Brigade when you are here, or donate now to the organization’s leader using this link.