Tips for flight selection
Arriving at our Playa Gigante, Nicaragua location
- Choose to fly into either Managua (MGA) or Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR), as each option is equal distance from the beachside hotel.
- Managua is approximately a 2-2.5 hr drive from the Managua airport, and we pick you up directly from the airport!
- Liberia is a very Americanized airport experience, and our drivers pick you up directly from the airport for the 1.25 hr drive to the Nicaraguan border. We have a border agent assist you with the border crossing process and your baggage, walking you over to the Nicaragua side to meet your next R2R driver. It is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from there to our beachside hotel.
- Late arrivals into Managua are not an issue, however we do not recommend your departure flight to be any earlier than 9am so you don’t have to leave too early in the morning. (However, we can accommodate!)
- If you choose Liberia (LIR), we do not recommend arriving later than 8pm or departing earlier than 10am to keep the border crossing process easy, as the border is closed between 11:45PM and 6AM.
- If a flight works for you that arrives later, you can also choose to stay the night in a nearby hotel and we can pick you up in the morning! Hilton Garden Inn Guanacaste is a great + reliable option for convenient airport lodging.
Arrive at our Playa Grande, Costa Rica location
- You will fly into Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR), our hotel is less than an hour from this airport.
- Given the close proximity, flight arrival and departure times are flexible and easy to accommodate.